Dune Sarykum is a unique monument of the natural world of Dagestan. Scientists are still wondering why he appeared here. But there is only one logical answer. This mountain is several hundred thousand years old, and the sand appeared due to strong winds. At first, its height was 252 meters, but as a result of the violation of the ecological balance, its height dropped by 20 meters. The temperature remains the same every year, up to 62 degrees. There are no more similar mountains in this area.
For many decades Dune Sarykum was considered an object of strict protection and detailed study by botanical scientists. For example, in the 1930s, Mayorov found more than 95 species, and now there are more than 310 species that are recognized as rare or endangered. And not far from the river Shuraozen, where many fish of different species live. Many animals live on the mountain, but most of them are birds and reptiles. But here you can also meet rare reptiles: Mediterranean turtle, gyurza.
This place has been improved for tourists. Special paths and bridges have been equipped to relieve feet of hot sand and not cause them discomfort. There are also houses here for those who want to enjoy the beauty of this place for a long time. Their rent will be up to 1500 rubles per day.
At least once in your life you need to visit Dune Sarykum.
Let us now look at the main reasons for this together.
- There is an atmosphere of a real desert here: sandy pitches - rise, fall.
- From the top of the Barkhan, you can perfectly see the nearby mountains, which are rich in other vegetation.
- Plunge into a rich animal world. From local inhabitants here you can find poisonous snakes, scorpions, insects. And sometimes you can even find jerboas.
You will get a lot of impressions from your visit.
There are many types of transport that can be used to get to this beautiful natural monument. But we advise you to get to it yourself. There are several reasons for this.
- A great place for those who dislike the sea, there are only sands around.
- Immobility. According to its composition, Burkhan Sarykum should roam under the influence of the wind, because it consists of sand, but it still stands still and does not move anywhere.
- It is home to many rare animals that are also listed in the Red Book, especially if you come across a local Mediterranean turtle, you will be so lucky.
And to lay the right route, we advise you to use the services of our company. As soon as you contact us, we will develop your personal holiday program. If necessary, we will consider renting a suitable accommodation for you and select restaurants and coffee for you according to your taste preferences.